Diaper rash is a condition common among babies and even adults who are using diapers. It makes the baby’s or adults’ skin reddish, sore, tender and scaly. Some mild cases can be easily treated within 3 to 4 days but in other cases, it takes 6 days or 1 week just to treat it. One of the most common forms of this rash is what you called as “nappy rash”.
The most common thing that a lot of moms and dads shared about this nappy rash is the idea that this rash is simply the reddening of the baby’s bottom. They don’t actually know why it happens. Actually, nappy rash is a term that pertains to the chemical reaction or effect of urine as it interacts with bacteria coming from the feces. Then, eventually it produces ammonia that burns the baby’s bottom causing it to turn red.
Nappy rash happens due to:
- thrush, psoriasis or eczema
- Detergent residue that is not properly rinse off as you wash your baby’s nappy
- yeast infection
- too much moisture
- as urine and stool touches the skin for a long time
- allergic reaction to the diaper itself
- allergic reaction to food ( dietary)
- dirty nappies
- bacterial infection
- plastic pants
Even though this rash happens no matter how you care to your baby, but, still, as a loving parent, nobody will let their baby suffer from the painful open sore as a result of this nappy rashes, so, they would really do their best come up with a solution for this nappy rashes.
How to Prevent Nappy Rashes?
- Immediately change the nappy of your baby whenever it’s wet and leave your baby’s bottom be freshen up by the fresh air after.
- Carefully wash your baby’s bottom with the use of mild detergent.
- Keep your baby’s bottom properly pat-dry and clean.
- Wash the nappy area with water.
- Keep an eye whenever changes happen to your baby’s skin as you let him or her eat a food new to them.
- Do not use talcum powder in the affected area.
How to Treat Nappy Rash?
Treating this type of rash is very easy. You can simply apply a nappy rash cream to the diaper area of your baby. Thus, there are lots of newest and effective rash creams that are being patronized now by a lot of mommies all over the world, but it must be consider that the rash cream to be used must be suitable to the skin of your baby to avoid any undesirable reaction.
Moreover the rash cream that you should choose must really care for your baby. It is advisable for the ingredients used in making this nappy cream is made from natural material for it will makes your baby feel so comfortable and fresh. Thus it’s wise to choose the rash cream that has been proven already to as an effective cream in treating nappy rashes and has already gain a trademark to a lot of customers who has been using it for a long time already.
Features of A Good and Effective Nappy Rash Cream
- an antiseptic cream that fight against bacteria that causes this nappy rash
- an antifungal cream that can kill thrush or candida that causes worst reaction on the nappy area
- Zinc and castor made cream are recommended to be used as an effective nappy rash cream fir your baby.
- create a protective barrier that prevents urine , germs, and bacteria from having a contact with the baby’s skin, that leaves your baby free from infection and rashes
- it work against the symptoms of infantile eczema or atopic
When to Seek a Doctor about this Nappy Rush?
- When the rashes are not treated for a week already
- When your baby cannot sleep well and frequently experienced unexplained fever
- When the rashes are spreading
- When there’s a sever rash that cannot be anymore treated though simple measures
Uses of nappy rash cream to your baby:
- Using a nappy rash cream can prevent your baby from having an open sore because of those nappy rashes.
- It can make your baby feel comfortable for he or she will not anymore feel the pain from an open sore
- It protects the baby’s skin from wet and moist due to urine.
- It serves as a barrier between the baby’s skin and its poo or urine.
- It reduces inflammation in the nappy’s area of the baby.
- It kills the candida or thrush on the nappy area.
- It kills the germs and bacteria that prevents the baby from having further infection
Other uses of nappy rash ream:
Many people would often limit the uses of this nappy rash cream for nappy rash treatment, but aside from treating the nappy rashes among babies, it has of a lot of applications in our life, like the following:
- De-flame pimples over night
- It can be used to lessen our wrinkles.
- Reduces chafing.
- Reduces acne and moisturize the skin.
- Use to prevent sweating of the under arm
- Reduces the effect of nervous sweating
- Protect us from all forms of cuts and scrapes.
- Moisturize your chapped lips.
- Works on our ingrown hair.
- Reduces the sweat in your foot.
- It reduces the breathability of nappy
- This rash cream is harmful to our body when swallowed.
Nappy rash cream is really helpful not only to your baby but to all people who are using this. Because of its limitless applications to our lives, a lot of people, now especially the mommies all over the world are using this to make sure that their baby will not experience anymore this uncomfortable feeling of having nappy rashes. However, it’s advisable that you seek first your doctor, if a particular nappy cream that you will use will not harm and form any allergic reaction to your baby’s skin. Thus, for you to be sure that the cream you are using has no great side effects then it’s better for you to buy those rash cream that are made from organic or natural materials.