7 Effective Home Remedies for Diaper Rash
It is the worst feeling ever in the world whenever you see your baby in pain or uncomfortable – particularly when they are experiencing from a nasty scenario like diaper rash. There are times that no matter how hard you try to do and try to avoid it, the poor things wind up with a red, raw tushy – that is absolutely no fun for any people. When it comes to picking a method or cream or home remedies for diaper rash, it is essential to find something, which will handle the problem yet still be mild and gentle enough for the delicate skin of your baby.
But first, let’s have a quick discussion about diaper rash. What is a diaper rash really? Diaper rash is a kind of inflammation or irritant dermatitis of the skin. The warm, enclosed and moist environment of the diaper, along with loads of bacterial, make the bottom of the baby the ideal place for rash to accumulate. You will find other factors, which can contribute to the development of rash, which includes humid and hot weather, poor laundering of the diaper itself, skin allergies, and materials inside the diaper, which irritate sensitive skin as well as infrequent changes of diaper.
Here are helpful home remedies for diaper rash, which should aid your little angel smile again:
- Coconut Oil
In case you didn’t know yet, coconut oil has antimicrobial and antifungal properties, and thus could be utilized as home remedies for diaper rash. It could have a healing and soothing effect on the skin of the baby.
- Coconut oil serves as a good moisturizer. Gently apply generous amount of some coconut oil in the diaper area for several times each day.
- You could even put extra tablespoon of coconut oil in order to bath water for additional moisturizing, as it will aid kill yeast such as Candida, which causes diaper rash as well.
- Petroleum Jelly
Most pediatricians suggest applying thin layer of good protective coating on the soft skin of the baby each time you change their diaper. Did you know that petroleum jelly is the best for this purpose and can be used as home remedies for diaper rash? This will help protect the area of the diaper from those irritating effect of feces and urine.
What you need to do:
- After getting rid of the soiled diaper, gently clean the bottom of your baby using warm water.
- Dry it very well along with cotton cloth or towel and put petroleum jelly.
- Perform this each time your little one requires diaper changed and you will see how diaper rash will heal faster.
- Breast Milk
The breast milk of a mother helps fight against infection and soothes the skin of the baby is the least expensive and the best home remedies for diaper rash. On top of that, with breast milk, you will find no danger of any allergic reaction, which could worsen the case.
Just rub a little drop of breast milk on the skin as frequent as needed and let the area to air dry prior to putting another diaper.
- French Green Clay
Sometimes sold as facial mask, the French Green Clay is one of those effective home remedies for diaper rash sourced by yeast infection. The good thing about the mineral-based clay is that it can stop the rash from multiplying and aids the soft skin of the baby to heal faster.
For you to cure diaper rash, apply or sprinkle a small amount of French Green Clay on top of the affected area of the skin during each diaper change.
Did you know that stale urine is absolutely in nature and has tendency to burn the soft skin of the baby like acid? In order to balance out the high amount of pH, opting to vinegar is the best home remedies for diaper rash. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you are making use of cloth diapers or reusable diapers, make sure you rinse them on a vinegar solution. Simply add ½ cup of the vinegar into a half a bucket of water and make use of it to wash the diaper of your baby. By doing this, it will help you eliminate any soap accumulation in the diaper and the urine smell as well.
- Create a weak vinegar solution through putting 1 teaspoon of white vinegar into 1 cup of water. You can use this solution to clean the bottom of your baby resistant to yeast.
- Plantain Oil
Lots of health professionals suggest the usage of plantain oil to lessen the pain and irritation of diaper rash and use as home remedies for diaper rash. This oil is extremely effective for curing diaper rash that results from allergic reaction. In addition, the oil acquires anti-allergic properties, which could help relieve and sooth inflammation connected with diaper rash. For curing diaper rash, using herb or plantain oil is a good option.
- Crush fresh and clean plantain leaves by your hands and place them next the skin of your baby with every diaper change.
- On the other hand, you can also apply the oil directly to the skin of the baby prior to butting on a new diaper.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is said to acquire healing properties, which could help cure diaper rash and one of the best alternatives for home remedies for diaper rash.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoon of baking soda for around 4 cups of water. Every time you change the diaper of your baby, rinse them with the solution. Make use of dry cloth to pat the skin dry prior to putting another clean diaper.
- You can add 2 tablespoon of baking soda as well to a tub of warm water and allow your baby to bath on it for 10 minutes, 3 times a day.
With this helpful home remedies for diaper rash, for sure you have now a wide option on how you can prevent the formation of rash into the skin of your baby. Just keep in mind that if the diaper rash persist and does not get better after trying all these remedies, calling your doctor right away is the best possible solution.