Diaper rash is one of the common problems that mommies need to battle with for their babies’ skin. There are babies that are prone to diaper rashes, but most of them can develop diaper rashes over time. These rashes grow quickly and can be present within the diaper area. These rashes are harmless but are uncomfortable and should be quickly treated. Diaper rash prevention avoids the need for treatment and also keeps your infant comfortable. Diaper rashes are common form of patchwork bright red skin and irritated skin on your baby’s bottom. Frequent common reasons why babies are having diaper rashes are often related to wetness or seldom changing of diapers, skin sensitivity and chafing of skin. More mommies are getting worried and anxious of this kind of problem because it can get uncomfortable and irritating. In order to prevent the diaper rashes, here are some effective tips on how to get rid of a diaper rash:
- The most important thing that you should do in order to prevent the babies from diaper rashes is to change the diaper frequently. You need to clean the used diapers and clean the diaper area gently using water. You don’t need to use soap and wet tissues in cleaning the diaper area because it might be one of the reasons why your babies have diaper rashes, unless the soap and wet tissue you are using are hypo allergenic and recommended by the doctor. But most doctors recommend to use clean running water so that you can rinse it without rubbing the bottom of the baby. According to doctors, frequently rubbing the bottom of the baby can irritate baby’s skin.
- Some pediatricians recommend to soothe the baby’s bottom in a lukewarm water for about 10 – 15 minutes. Doing this will freshen up your baby and to prevent from diaper rashes. After soaking the bottom of the baby wrap your baby in a clean and dry towel and commence cuddle, this is optional but let them feel that they are given an unconditional loved from you. After cleaning the diaper area, pat dry the bottom of the baby and let it dry in an open air so it can fully dry.
- Most mother use a baby or talc powder after washing the diaper area, but according to pediatrician it is not recommended to use a powder or talc because inhaling a powder can cause a problem breathing to your babies. Instead use clean cloth in drying the diaper area.
- Avoid using perfume or alcohol and paper towel in cleaning the diaper area, it can irritate the baby’s skin.
- If you are about to put a new and clean diaper, do not over tighten the diaper, because it prevent for airflow which causes to diaper rashes. Over tighten a diaper can cause a chafing at the waist and thighs of a baby. To prevent from over tighten of a diaper make sure that the size of the diaper is fit to your baby.
- If it is possible, give your baby’s spend more time without a diaper, exposing baby’s skin to air is a natural and best way to let it dry and if you are avoiding for some messy accidents, try to put down your baby on a large bath towel. And let your baby absorb in some playtime while your baby is bare-bottomed. It is significant that the baby’s skin is frequently able to breathe to fasten the healing process.
- You can also use an ointment, put a thin layer of cream in the diaper area after cleaning the area. Putting a cream in the diaper area even without diaper rashes is helpful, because cream is mostly thick and sticky, it form as a protective layer on you babies skin.
- Always remember that scratching or rubbing on skin can trigger to damage the skin. And please be reminded that every time you use a cream make sure that is highly recommended by your doctors because babies skin is very sensitive.
- Finally, after you finished changing diaper, wash your hands very well to prevent from spreading of bacteria to your body and as well as to your children.
- On the other hand, you can also use a cloth diaper to your baby, cloth diaper is more preferred than disposable diaper because if you will use a cloth diaper you will be more attentive in changing a diaper of your baby. But if you are going to use the cloth diaper make sure you will wash it carefully, because some baby is getting a rashes because of the soaps and careless washing of cloth. Some doctors recommended to expose the cloth diaper from sunlight after washing because it can disinfect the bacteria at the cloth diaper and use natural laundry detergent.
- Also avoid using fabric conditions, when washing the cloth diaper because it may irritate your baby’s skin. In that means your baby has a more percent that he or she can prevent diaper rash, although whether you use disposable or cloth diaper it doesn’t mean that your baby is excused from having a rashes, if you are following the do’s and don’ts your baby will be able to prevent in getting some rashes.
It is so important for a mom to know how to get rid of diaper rashes because this will identify the dos and don’ts that you need to follow. This will keep your baby free from diaper rashes. This is especially true for new mothers who do not have any idea on how to prevent this kind of situation. It is helpful to be aware of the right things to do during their motherhood. You need to know this kind of information especially if you are already a mother because you need to take care of your baby and babies skin is so sensitive that every step that you will take can make or break the sensitivity of their skin.