It is important to manage diaper rash well for these are the sudden inflammation or redness of the skin suffered by a baby or even an old person. It is found in the area where the diaper is in contact with the skin for a prolong period of time. There is the so called general contact diaper rash. Many times, it is suffered by a baby or an infant, wherein the prolong period of time that a diaper is used gives an effect to the skin and because of the long contact, it makes the skin irritated. What are the main causes of this general contact diaper rash and what are the diaper rash treatment and prevention you can do?
Causes and prevention of general contact diaper rash:
- Prolonged period of contact including those with the urine and dirt
The long period of exposure in urines and dirt makes the skin of the babies and infants irritated. The urines and dirt can be the cause of having dampness or can cause a small amount of liquid that makes the diaper moist. It gives and makes the baby’s skin irritated and damaged. The long contact in dirt and urine has a high risk of the formation of diaper rash. The general contact diaper rash is very vital to babies. This is because diapers are always used by mothers for their newly born baby. Almost every day, babies are exposed to diapers and because of this, it can worsen the irritation and damage to their skin.
- Set a schedule on the days to use diapers. It should be alternately done for the reason that the baby’s skin is very sensitive. Try and use the usual cloth like a cotton cloth as an alternative to diapers. Alternate the use of diapers and the ordinary cloth.
- Frequent rubbing and scratching.
Diapers that are tightly fit can make and give marks to the skin of the babies that can be a cause of diaper rash. Frequent rubbing and scratching in the area makes it reddish and irritated. This general contact diaper rash can also worsen and the continuous rubbing will have a bad effect to the skin of the baby/infant.
- Avoid the use of very tight diapers, knowing that it can cause irritation to the skin of the baby. You should properly choose the right size that is fitted to the size of your baby. It is important to give emphasis on the things babies engaged with.
- Get a hold of chemicals that causes irritation
A baby’s skin is very sensitive. That is why we have to be careful when choosing detergents and baby stuffs like powder, lotion , soaps and many more.
In this particular aspect, it is important to consult your doctor regarding your baby’s condition, especially on the proper way on handling it as well as the right way of giving attention to the needs of your baby.
- Infectious things
Diaper is prone to infections brought by liquid or moist. That is why prevent your baby from having a long contact with diapers. Monitoring this kind of things can avoid harm to the baby. The common way to see if there is an infection is to check if there is redness in the part that is exposed to diaper that causes general contact diaper rash for the redness is caused by infections and it can be seen and known when the baby cries and continues to cry for they complain through crying. Also, we all know that when a baby continues to cry, they have a problem.
One should have the proper knowledge in handling general contact diaper rash. By having proper information and knowledge, the baby then becomes safe from infections. Also, make sure to consult a doctor regarding the health of the baby.
When it comes to general contact diaper rash, you can also consider the following tips to prevent this problem:
- Continue on doing the good way of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is one things that should be done for the sake of the baby. There are tons of nutrients brought by breastfeeding. Don’t just rely on feeding your baby through bottles. Have the time and make breastfeeding one of your top priorities. With the effect that can be brought by general contact diaper rash, have the chance to know the importance of breastfeeding to your child.
- Choose diapers that are less harmful to the skin of your baby. It is important to know the right diaper for your baby in order to prevent problems. Products that can expose and increases your child’s irritation should be avoided. Therefore, choose the right products for your child.
- Monitor your baby’s diaper. Is it the time to change the diapers of your baby? Changing diapers often would lessen the risk to have infections.
- Consult a doctor for the proper guidance on the skin protection of your child. Allotting some time to consult a doctor makes you and your child safe and this general contact diaper rash can be prevented.
- You should also clean and rinse the child’s skin that is exposed to diaper with warm water. Make sure that you carefully clean the area with mild soap that is suited to your baby’s skin.
- Avoid very tight diapers. It can cause moisture that is bad for the baby’s skin. There are also washable diapers that can be bought in the market and when using this type of diaper, make sure that you wash and clean it carefully with the use of soap and detergent.
With proper information and knowledge on dealing with this general contact diaper rash, you would be able to properly manage this problem. It is important to care for the welfare of your child. Allow him/her to be safe and secure from various infections brought by general contact diaper rush. Know your part to be able to manage and help in preventing this problem from worsening.