Do you believe that diaper rash is one of the many problems that are happening today in human’s body? Is it possible for adults to get diaper rash? Or are babies are the only one who can experience this kind of rash? Diaper rash is one of the many cases in our health that we are facing today. But, what is diaper rash? Is it a serious matter or not? How can we prevent it?
Diaper rash is a problem of the skin caused by staying the skin wet. It is also the inflammation of the skin initiated by ammonia in the urine of the child’s diaper. The skin may appear reddish, raw, and looks like burned. But despite of that, it is not a serious matter even though is not comfortable to experience this kind of rash.
Can adults get diaper rash? Well, the answer is yes. Not only babies can get diaper rash, even adults can get this rash. There are many causes of diaper rash to adults. The causes of this rash are almost similar to the causes of the baby’s diaper rash, even the symptoms, the cure and prevention. They get this diaper rash in many reasons like wearing adult diaper (for the patients), incontinence in some activities which may result to diaper rash. The following are the causes of diaper rash of adults:
- Irritation of the skin in the diaper area. This irritation of the skin is caused by wetness, not proper hygiene, and the warm obstacle of the location.
- Allergy Reactions. There are many skin which are very sensitive. As a result, one who has common allergy reacts to this kind of rash.
- Infections of the bacteria in the skin. Like viruses, bacteria may also cause sometimes rashes.
The above examples of causes are some of the major causes of diaper rash. There are lots of causes of this kind of rash. It may be simple but it is not good to experience this rash.
There are lots of symptoms of diaper rash:
- Itchiness of the affected skin;
- Increase the redness, pain, and warmth;
- Red strips leading to rash; and
Adults tend to seek some information on how to escape from this. But in reality, we cannot escape this most especially if we are belonged to the people who have sensitive skin and easy to get allergy. Many adults experience diaper rash. There are a lot of things which may lead us to having diaper rash. Even the way of our living leads to suffering from this rash. The kind of lifestyle we have can lead to having diaper rash, example is our good hygiene. If we are not practicing the good hygiene habit, it can lead us to many diseases such as diaper rash. It is important to have a proper hygiene because if we have this practice, we can escape from some diseases. It can protects us from such rashes. It will serves as our shield in the harmful attacks of different diseases.
Some says that diaper rash is not a serious matter even though we felt uncomfortable with this. But, whatever some says, we cannot deny the fact that it really disturbs us in many ways. Having this kind of rash is not good because if we have diaper rash it can disturbed our everyday doings such as in our work. Most adult cannot concentrate on what they are doing because they feel such pain, being uncomfortable to do their job. It really affects a lot. We cannot deny the fact that it can affect us in many ways.
Many adults try to find some ways in order to cure and prevent this kind of rash. There are many ways on how to cure and prevent diaper rash. The following are the several ways that one must do in order to cure his/her diaper rash:
- Allow the diaper area to be expose to plenty of fresh air. This is good because fresh air will do great for the skin. It will make the skin more relax.
- Don’t always wear a pad (for girls). Most pad has chemicals that cause rashes. Rashes are prone to the people who have sensitive skin. So, in buying pad, make sure that you choose a brand which is suitable for the type of skin you have. Don’t choose the pad who has big amount of chemicals which may cause skin irritation.
- Maintain the diaper area well-cleaned as possible. Practicing proper hygiene will increase the possibility that you will not get diaper rash. As one keep the cleanliness in the body will be safe from any bacteria or viruses.
- Avoid using strong detergents in washing the diaper area. Strong detergent can irritates skin. We must use a suitable soap for washing the diaper area. It should be the soap which is proven and tested well.
- Use advisable cream in the diaper rash. Never use a cream that is not recommended to you by your doctor or any pharmacist. You should have basis in choosing a cream that you want to apply.
- Apply appropriate ointments. You must apply right ointment for curing diaper rush. Wrong choose of ointment can lead to irritation. We must be wise in choosing ointments.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking enough water can contribute to cure diaper rash. It makes the curing process easier and faster if you have enough water in your body.
Diaper rash is seriously a great issue for adults. It may not be a serious matter for some but for other adults who had experienced it, they can say that it is a serious one. It is not easy to have diaper rash. Having diaper rash means having time to experience pain. It has a capability to disturbed us in many ways. Because of this, sometimes we cannot do our normal tasks. It can really upsets us. One piece of advice, in order for you to prevent and escape from this kind of rash, one should be aware on how to avoid this and keep a proper hygiene of course because there is no such way that can fight diaper rash but only proper hygiene.